Rear Admiral (ret) Fernando Cerutti
Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) specialist on frigates, destroyers, and staffs.
Operational activities include...
- US Navy 1986 operations against Libya,
- escort operations in the Persian Gulf during the Iran–Iraq conflict,
- Operation Desert Storm, including embargo and MCM operations off Kuwait,
- Embargo Operations against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- Involvement in Non-Combatant Evacuation Operations from Albania.
- Participation to Operation Unified Protector against Libya
- Training Adviser of the NATO Transition Cell–Iraq, in Baghdad;
Served also in the...
-USA, as NATO Officer, and as National Liaison Officer to the US Naval Doctrine Command;
-Fleet Staff and General Staff as ASW specialist, coordinator for the definition phase of the FREMM program, and national representative/Scientific Committee at NATO bodies.
-SHAPE (Belgium), dealing with planning for Afghanistan and Contingency Plans.
-STRIKFORNATO, in Naples, as the Director of Operations.
During his career he also:
-Contributed to the drafting of the publication Multinational Maritime Operations within the US Navy;
-Drafted several national doctrine publications, including the ASW Concept of Operations and Experimental Tactics on ASW;
He is now an independent consultant at Fincantieri and Seastema.